Tuesday 29 October 2013

About me...

I had a Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Deebo and rescued him at 9 months old. He was my first ever dog and in 11 years showed me how truly amazing they are!!! He was my absolute world and never left my side. Deebo was diagnosed in December 2012 with Lymphoma of his throat and back leg glands, sadly i had to make the hardest decision of my life to let him go in February 2013. He left a huge hole in my life and it took me a while decide what to do next.

I set up an Instagram page to put all of my favourite pictures of Deebo on, originally to be able to put them into a collage for my wall as just one picture was not enough. However, although I managed to complete the collage, along the way I made some great friends through the power of love for 'The Bully Breed'. Some of them live in the USA and they save dogs from death-row by fostering and rehabilitating them as many have been badly neglected. Seeing their progress is just heart warming, even more so when they find their new forever homes.

I decided I wanted to help other dogs in need and that fostering was the way forward, being able to give something back to the RSPCA for all the amazing things they do is so rewarding, and it's even more rewarding seeing my first foster dog, Zack, enjoy life once again.

Nothing will ever take Deebo's place, but this new chapter of my life is all in his name :)

No comments:

Post a Comment